President Obama’s one-year reprieve came one day before the House approved legislation that would allow insurers to continue to offer policies on the individual market.
The reason Obama had to do this is because of his faltering Affordable Care Act known as Obamacare. What was sold to so many people as a fix for the costs of health care. The problem is that nobody is signing up to be part of the government health exchange. And at the same time, MILLIONS of people are having their insurance plans canceled.
After all, everyone was told repeatedly by Obama and his administration that if you liked your plan you could keep it. However, the fine print was so small you would need a microscope to read it. It’s that fine print that caused so many people to lose their coverage.
So when the Upton bill hit the floor, it was known that it would be a battle of Republicans vs Democrats. Little did they factor, a handful of Democrats broke from Obamacare and voted in favor of the bill.
By them throwing in their vote for the Upton bill, it just goes to show that they recognize the problems with Obamacare. That, and so many of them want to get re-elected in 2014 and 2016.
That’s right. They are only doing this to save their career and get re-elected!
Even if they do it knowing that Obama would veto it, they can still come back later and say they fought for you. They tried and Obama failed them. After all, Obama’s not up for re-election, they are.
Here’s the full list of Democratic defectors:
- Rep. Ron Barber (D-Ariz.)
- Rep. John Barrow (D-Ga.)
- Rep. Ami Bera (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Tim Bishop (D-N.Y.)
- Rep. Bruce Braley (D-Iowa)
- Rep. Julia Brownley (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Cheri Bustos (D-Ill.)
- Rep. Jim Costa (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.)
- Rep. Suzan DelBene (D-Wash.)
- Rep. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.)
- Rep. Bill Enyart (D-Ill.)
- Rep. Elizabeth Esty (D-Conn.)
- Rep. Bill Foster (D-Ill.)
- Rep. Pete Gallego (D-Texas)
- Rep. John Garamendi (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Joe Garcia (D-Fla.)
- Rep. Ron Kind (D-Wis.)
- Rep. Ann McLane Kuster (D-N.H.)
- Rep. Dave Loebsack (D-Iowa)
- Rep. Dan Maffei (D-N.Y.)
- Rep. Sean Maloney (D-N.Y.)
- Rep. Jim Matheson (D-Utah)
- Rep. Mike McIntyre (D-N.C.)
- Rep. Jerry McNerney (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Patrick Murphy (D-Fla.)
- Rep. Rick Nolan (D-Minn.)
- Rep. Bill Owens (D-N.Y.)
- Rep. Scott Peters (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Gary Peters (D-Mich.)
- Rep. Collin Peterson (D-Minn.)
- Rep. Nick Rahall (D-W.Va.)
- Rep. Raul Ruiz (D-Calif.)
- Rep. Brad Schneider (D-Ill.)
- Rep. Kurt Schrader (D-Ore.)
- Rep. Carol Shea-Porter (D-N.H.)
- Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.)
- Rep. Filemon Vela (D-Texas)
- Rep. Tim Walz (D-Minn.)