The 80/20 of the Election

The 80/20 of the Election

Getting elected to any office is all about strategy. You don’t just take the time to fill out some paperwork to put your name on the ballot, and bingo… you get elected.

That’s not how this works. That’s not how ANY of this works!

It’s all about strategy. And, there are many different ways to go about executing it.

To be honest, there are a lot of people out there who have forgotten what is really happening.

Two things are happening at the same time:

  1. Narrowing down all the republican hopefuls down to one
  2. Defeating democrats and taking back the White House in 2016

That’s the big picture. That’s the end goal here.

But, it’s important to remember the Reagan rule.

Understand that some candidates out there who claim to be conservative, may in fact not have been a conservative, or republican for that matter, when Reagan was around.

Now, about that Reagan rule… the 80/20 rule.

In the business world, the 80/20 rule is all about focusing on the 20% of things to achieve 80% of your results. But, in the political world – at least the way Reagan saw things – if you agree on 80% of the issues, you can set aside the 20% you disagree with.

Why bring this up?

One of the candidates out there is raising a lot of eyebrows because they have absolutely NO filter when it comes to speaking what’s on their mind. While another candidate takes the high road, focusing on actual issues Americans are affected by and even making a joke out of the attacks slung his way.

One of the candidates is focused on double-talk, while the other focuses on delivering their message.

One of these candidates talks up a huge game, while the other lets his walk do the talking.

The fact is this: one of these candidates you agree with on 80% or more on the issues but you instead focus on the candidate who plays the popularity card.

Playing on the emotions of the voters proves nothing. And, many people are starting to see through their blindfolds.

The real focus needs to be on the issues and what differs a candidate from the democrats.

That’s where the real 80/20 rule comes in. 80% of their efforts should be spent separating themselves from the democrat candidates, and the other 20% should be focused on other issues.

 


Don’t forget to listen to this week’s podcast! Check it out:

Stay alert and follow to know the moment the show is LIVE.

Leave a reply

Don't forget to check out the recent podcast and subscribe! Stay alert and follow to know the moment the show is LIVE.

Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links found on this website are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners and readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”