Huckabee Says No to 2012 Run

CNN | Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee announced Saturday that he will not seek the GOP nomination for president in 2012.

Huckabee ended speculation that he would run for president during his weekly Fox News Channel show saying, “All the factors say go, but my heart says no. And that’s the decision that I have made.”

Indications had been mounting recently that the 2008 presidential candidate would not pursue a repeat bid for the Republican nomination for president. He switched his residency to Florida, where he and his wife have built a home, he co-founded a company with the mission of teaching history lessons to children, and key 2008 aides moved to other campaign teams, including those of former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.

Huckabee also failed to form a presidential exploratory committee, a critical first step in building a presidential campaign.

And with a successful television show, book deals and lucrative paid appearances, another presidential bid may be less desirable for the television and radio host – even though he’s topped recent major national polls as the favored 2012 GOP candidate.     MORE

Leave a reply

Don't forget to check out the recent podcast and subscribe! Stay alert and follow to know the moment the show is LIVE.

Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links found on this website are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my listeners and readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”